Tuesday 17 February 2015

The Little Shop of hopes and Dreams by Fiona Harper

Book 11
The Little Shop of Hopes and Dreams by Fiona Harper

Nicole Harrison is planning the proposal of the century. Too bad its not her own
Nicole, a born organiser and true romantic, has created her dream job when she sets up the Hopes & Dreams proposal agency – staging YouTube worthy proposals…until she’s hired to plan a proposal by gorgeous photographer Alex Black’s girlfriend. Alex is the New Year’s kiss that Nicole hasn’t been able to forget – and now she’s planning his wedding to someone else! But if she lets herself fall for Alex’s charms, her reputation and business will be ruined before it’s even got off the ground! Suddenly the girl whose always prepared is at a loss…and falling head over heels.

After reading so many crime books over the last month or so I thought it was about time I read something a bit lighter especially since I started dreaming about murders, kind of a sign to change.
When I saw this book I was instantly drawn to it by it's beautiful cover. It looked quite Christmassy (but it isn't)  and the title sounded lovely.
I got straight into the book and instantly warmed to Nicole, her character is hard working, she knows what she wants and where she wants to go in life, well with her career anyway. Then along comes Alex Black and everything's turned upside down and Nicole starts to question herself and the person she has become.
The book gave me some laughs and often I could feel myself getting frustrated just wanting to bang Alex and Nicole's heads together which I suppose is a sign of a good book when you feel the emotions of the characters.
This was a lovely romantic book and just what I needed to lift me out of my murderous world!

No comments:

Post a Comment