Saturday 7 February 2015

Hurt by Brian McGilloway

Book 1
Hurt (DS Lucy Black Book 2) by Brian McGilloway
This is the second in the DS Lucy Black Series, the first being Little Girl Lost.

I first came across Brian McGilloway after downloading Little Girl Lost for free on my Kindle. I was hooked straight away and couldn't wait to get Hurt and I wasn't disappointed.

Set in Derry, Northern Ireland the discovery of a 16 year old girls body on a railway line starts off this murder investigation.
Throughout the book we find out more about Lucy, her family and her colleagues while also feeling her anger and frustration throughout the investigation.
This book covers some quite dark areas, murder and paedophilia but is written in a way that does not give too much away to make it difficult to read.
I really enjoyed this book and look forward to reading more from Brian McGilloway soon.






No comments:

Post a Comment