Saturday 5 March 2016

CXVI: Desperate Measures (CXVI Trilogy #3) by Angie Smith

Description - She’s missing – but does she want to be found?

It is now three years since Detective Superintendent Greg Woods retired, and his life has been consumed with the desperate search for his former Detective Sergeant, Maria Barnes. This chaotic, and so far unsuccessful quest, has taken its toll on his physical and mental wellbeing.

However, he finally receives a knock at the door with what he considers to be his most promising lead. He teams up with a young, spirited and extremely competent hacker, who also holds a vested interest in finding Barnes and his old adversary Faulkner-Brown.

What they discover sends shockwaves around the globe and threatens international security. With Woods’ health dramatically failing he knows this is his final chance, success or failure, his last hurrah!


Publication Date ~ 31st March 2016

My thoughts - After reading the first two books in this trilogy I jumped at the chance to read an ARC of Desperate Measures courtesy of TBConFB and the lovely Angie Smith.

I promised myself I would take it slow and savour every moment of this final book but promises are made to be broken and I devoured this book in two sittings. I just had to find out what happens.

I've really grown to love or hate in some cases, all the characters in this trilogy and in Desperate Measures we are transported 3 years on from book two and introduced to some new characters as well. One of them being Zoe, who is young, determined and quite feisty but a great character who slotted in well to the story. 

Set in a world of espionage and corruption this book is fast paced with twists and turns galore but it's an easy story to follow as Angie's writing manages to pull you in and make you feel like you're part of it. We really are  taken on a bumpy rollercoaster ride with this book and I ohhh'd and ahhh'd and I will admit there was a few swear words produced while reading (thankfully the kids weren't about). My adrenaline was pumping and I will say there was nearly tears too. I absolutely loved all the books but this one is my favourite, even though I'm really sad this is the end. I'd have loved it to carry on into a longer series.  

Angie Smith really is one talented lady when it comes to writing and I really, really can't wait to read more from her. This trilogy is now one of my favourites and one I will go back and read again.
Highly recommended for anyone who likes a fast paced, edge of your seat story.

5 massive stars from me (I'd really have given it six if I were allowed) .



No comments:

Post a Comment