Saturday 5 March 2016

After the Lie by Kerry fisher

Description - One little lie can make one big difference …

Lydia has the ‘right’ kind of friends, her children are at the ‘right’ kind of school and she’s married to the ‘right’ sort of man – kind, steady, reliable Mark. Her wedding business is flourishing and even though she is at loggerheads with her mother, she couldn’t ask for anything more from life.

But the truth is that Lydia has been lucky. She has been living a lie for years and Mark has no idea who he is really married to. But nothing lasts forever and the past has a funny way of catching up with the present. When the person who knows all of Lydia’s dark little secrets turns up at the school gates, his presence threatens to blow Lydia’s life apart.

What is Lydia’s terrible truth? Once the secret is out, you can’t put it back …



My thoughts -  This is the first book I've read by Kerry Fisher and when I read the description I thought it would be a book I'd enjoy. After many stops and starts with life getting in the way I finally got the chance to read and realised it was going to be a book I really loved.

Lydia has lived a lie for 30 years but all of a sudden a face from the past enters her life and Lydia is torn between telling her husband the truth or trying to live her perfect life without the lie being revealed.

Kerry has a way of writing about the characters that they seem so realistic. I loved Lydia and was routing for her all the way through the book, feeling every emotion as she felt it. Lydia is flawed but she really tries her best.
This was a real page turner for me, and as the story went on I just couldn't predict how it was going to pan out. The story touches on some serious point's and many parents with teenagers will understand Lydia's fears but there is humour in there too.

I really enjoyed this book and will highly recommend this to my friends. I love Kerry's writing and really look forward to reading more of her books soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment