Friday 19 February 2016

CXVI: Secrets Broken (CXVI Trilogy #2) by Angie Smith

Blurb - Book II in the CXVI trilogy is not intended as a stand-alone read and should follow Book I, CXVI - The Beginning of the End. The frantic search for Detective Sergeant Maria Barnes is on. She's linked to the murder of the former Home Secretary and is desperate to prove her innocence, but she's trapped. Her captor, Freddy Williams, a ruthless serial killer, holds all the cards; including the one she cannot allow him to reveal. Barnes is forced to adopt a dangerous bluff and double-bluff strategy, which ultimately involves the Secret Intelligence Service and her former boss, Detective Superintendent Greg Woods, combining forces. But who will survive? And who can you believe? And just what is the relationship between Barnes and Woods? Perhaps her nemesis Faulkner-Brown holds the answer, but will he be the one who brings this reluctant heroine crashing down? Hold tight for a fast paced, edge of your seat thriller. Captivating, unpredictable and shocking.

Publish Date ~ October 4th 2015
Published By ~ Livers Publishing

My thoughts - CXVI: Secrets Broken is book two in this fabulous trilogy and as soon I picked it up I knew I wasn't going to be able to put it down. It had me in its clutches and I wasn't getting away.
Having just finished CXVI: The Beginning of the End I was desperate to get stuck straight into book two which now makes me very glad I didn't read the first book when it was published and had both beauties sitting on my kindle.

Secrets Broken starts where The beginning of the End finished on the massive cliff-hanger. Maria Barnes and Greg woods are on different sides this time but still working together.
Maria is a fabulous character , she's strong, determined and very capable but in this book we find out more about her past and her character really comes alive.

Greg Woods is like a father figure to Maria and through the story you can really tell he cares for her. The partnership between the two is remarkable and really has you routing for them both.

I really don't want to give to much of the story away but Angie Smith has wrote an incredible, riveting and shocking story that has twists and turns galore. This is a book you will want to sit down with and have plenty of time to read as you wont want to put it down.

Angie Smith is now one of my new favourite authors and I'll definitely be buying all three books in paperback so they can sit on my bookshelf. These are books I could go back to and read again and I'll be recommending them to all my friends.

I've been lucky enough to get an advanced copy of book three, CXVI: Desperate Measures courtesy of Angie and TBConFB which I can't wait to get into and will have a review up for that soon I'm sure. this will be released on 31st of March and is available for pre-order.

CXVI: Secrets Broken gets a massive

No comments:

Post a Comment