Sunday 1 March 2015

Stranger Child by Rachel Abbott

Description : One Dark Secret. One act of revenge.

When Emma Joseph met her husband David, he was a man shattered by grief. His first wife had been killed outright when her car veered off the road. Just as tragically, their six-year-old daughter mysteriously vanished from the scene of the accident.

Now, six years later, Emma believes the painful years are behind them. She and David have built a new life together and have a beautiful baby son, Ollie.
Then a stranger walks into their lives, and their world tilts on its axis.
Emma’s life no longer feels secure. Does she know what really happened all those years ago? And why does she feel so frightened for herself and for her baby?

When a desperate Emma reaches out to her old friend DCI Tom Douglas for help, she puts all their lives in jeopardy. Before long, a web of deceit is revealed that shocks both Emma and Tom to the core.

They say you should never trust a stranger. Maybe they’re right.

Going back to my earlier post in February you will see I came across Rachel Abbott in January and after reading her third book first by accident I immediately got the first and second book to read.
I was hooked and totally delighted to find out book number four Stranger Child was due for release on February 24th, I instantly had it pre-ordered.
On the day of release Rachel Abbott had a launch party on Facebook and I was privileged to attend. I have to say it was great fun with competitions, party games and Rachel also made time to answer some questions. Rachel is genuinely a lovely, lovely lady.

It didn't take me long to read this book even though I was determined to make it last as long as I possibly could. I've now realised I have no will power what so ever because from the first page I was totally hooked and new it wasn't going to take me long.
I'm not sure how Rachel does it but again this book is totally different yet carrying on the story of DCI Tom Douglas (who I have to say I have a major soft spot for). We find out some of the unanswered questions from the previous book and Tom is as delightful a character as ever.

I felt many emotions during this book and wanted it to last for ever but was so desperate to find out what happened next. There's lots of twists and turns in the story and it had me wondering what I would do in Emma's situation if my child had been abducted.

I'm giving this book 5 stars as it's just a fantastic story and so well written and Rachel's attention to detail takes you right into the story and leaves you wanting more.

I'm so looking forward to book number five.

 





No comments:

Post a Comment