Tuesday 3 March 2015

Silent Scream An edge of your seat serial killer thriller (Detective Kim Stone crime thriller series Book 1) by Angela Marsons

Description:

Even the darkest secrets can’t stay buried forever…


Five figures gather round a shallow grave. They had all taken turns to dig. An adult sized hole would have taken longer. An innocent life had been taken but the pact had been made. Their secrets would be buried, bound in blood …

Years later, a headmistress is found brutally strangled, the first in a spate of gruesome murders which shock the Black Country.

But when human remains are discovered at a former children’s home, disturbing secrets are also unearthed. D.I. Kim Stone fast realises she’s on the hunt for a twisted individual whose killing spree spans decades.

As the body count rises, Kim needs to stop the murderer before they strike again. But to catch the killer, can Kim confront the demons of her own past before it’s too late?

My thoughts: This book has been No 1 in the charts for a while now and my newsfeed has been filled with how much people have loved Silent Scream so I was desperate to read it and see what everyone was so excited about and I wasn't disappointed one little bit.

From the beginning this fast paced story had me thrilled and gripped and sometimes in books you find there's a little bit of a lull somewhere in the middle but this book just kept going and going and yet again my will power to not rush through the book failed and I just had to keep reading.

The main character Detective Kim Stone is one tough, no nonsense lady, she's cold but very efficient and also likes to bend  the rules if she thinks it  will help the case even though she gets in trouble by the boss for it. She's very driven in her job and throughout the book we find out about her childhood spent in the care system and how she uses her own experiences to help within the case. There's no romance for Kim in this book which I felt gave me a chance to find out about Kim as a Detective and her passion for the job.

There are so many twists and turns in this story I found myself  always guessing who the murderer could be, thinking I had it right to find out I was wrong. It keeps you guessing right to the end and actually gave my kitten an almighty scare at 1.20 this morning when I let out a squeal at the end.
This book is one of those books where you can't say "right at the end of this chapter I'm going to get some sleep" because I just couldn't put it down.

This book is fantastically written and is one of my favourites this year. I would highly recommend this to crime fans and really look forward to reading Evil Games (Detective Kim Stone Crime Thriller series book 2) which will be published May 29th 2015 which I have pre-ordered yay.
Pre-order yours here or to buy Silent Scream Click here

I give this book a definite 5 star rating



No comments:

Post a Comment