Friday 10 July 2015

The Girl Who Wouldn't Die by Marnie Riches



Book Description : HE’S WATCHING HER. SHE DOESN’T KNOW IT…YET

When a bomb explodes at the University of Amsterdam, aspiring criminologist Georgina McKenzie is asked by the police to help flush out the killer.

But the bomb is part of a much bigger, more sinister plot that will have the entire city quaking in fear.

And the killer has a very special part for George to play…

A thrilling race against time with a heroine you’ll be rooting for, this book will keep you up all night!


My thoughts  The Girl Who Wouldn't Die was the chosen book for the month of June in TBC on FB. It wasn't a book I'd heard about and after reading the description I was eager to get stuck in.

I have to admit though I did struggle to get into this book to start with and I'm not entirely sure why. Maybe it was the strange names I couldn't pronounce or the fact there seemed to be two stories (George and Ella) and I couldn't for the life of me figure how they would come together, then BAM I was hooked and couldn't put it down. Each chapter I finished wasn't enough and I wanted to keep on reading and find out more.

The characters are well described and although I didn't feel I could relate to any of them I did like George the heroine, she's young, quirky and intelligent but also quite vulnerable. The descriptions of Amsterdam and Cambridge, 2 places I have never been, drew me in and I could see them in my mind as I was reading.

This turned out to be a fast paced thriller that I really enjoyed and I was thrilled to find out this is the first book of a series and I'm really looking forward to finding out what troubles George finds herself in next.

No comments:

Post a Comment